When Salvatore Ferragamo first designed the spicy and sky-high wedge heel, a perennial heel classic was born.
Paired with gowns and dresses by old Hollywood starlet Marilyn Monroe and Portuguese-born samba singer Carmen Miranda, this sexy and stacked platform shoe is not just a comfortable high-heel option, but is also perfect spring and summer accessory.
For the shoe lover building a high-heel wardrobe, here's how to add a festive, fabulous and wonderful wedge heel to your current shoe collection.
1. Switch out a pair of your flip-flops or ballerina flats with a chic and sexy pair of wedges.
Need a new casual shoe option? Remember this fashion trick: The heavier or fatter the shoe's heel, the more casual and dressed down it is. That's why your wedge heels are perfectly matched with flirty and fashionable summer dresses — especially maxis and strapless minis.
2. Rock your wedge shoes with high-waisted and skinny jeans.
Whether you love low-slung denim or wide-legged flares, you can wear your wedge heels with a classic pair of designer denim. In fact, to wear your white¸ navy or light-colored jeans well, select a pair of red, orange or even purple bcbg shoes that'll match both your sense of style and favorite denim brand perfectly.
3. Wear your sassy and short capri pants with a classic wedge shoe.
What shoes should you wear with Capri pants are a classic fashion dilemma. Solve this common footwear problem with a simple pair of strappy or slip-on wedges To add flair to cropped khakis or floral capris, slide into a gorgeous pair of sexy and colorful spring and summer bcbg wedges.
4. Pair your wedge shoes with daisy dukes or Bermuda shorts.
Can you wear teeny tiny short-shorts? Of course you can with a simple pair of wedge shoes. To avoid the street-walker look, pair your shorts of all lengths with wedge shoes instead of stilettos.
And if you are a pretty petite looking to extend your leg and height, wear nude-toned, or flesh-toned wedge heels. This sole mate will give you the appearance of a supermodel while simultaneously lengthening the leg.
Wedge Shoe Tips
- Wear wedges in the winter by choosing a pair of sky-high wedge boots in leather, suede or patent leather.
- When buying a pair of wedge shoes for your feet, don’t go by size alone. Shoe designer sizes vary: What is a size 6 in one brand may be a 6½ or 7 in another.